Friday, December 07, 2012

Pokemon Pinball - Ruby & Sapphire

Pokemon Takes Pinball to an All New Level.
Review By All is Fair in Love and War

INTRO: This game gives an entirely new definition to the little word pinball. It also gives an entirely new definition to the little word fun. It even gives an entirely new definition to the little word -- well, I think you get the basic idea of what I am trying to say to you.

Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire is a great game for anyone of any age. All who have ever been Pokemon fans in their lives, the old and the new alike will flock to the video game store to purchase this game. It took me hours to finally receive my copy of the game. I arrived early to get it, but when I got there, every last copy of Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire was sold out! And it had only been fifteen minutes since they got their shipment! So I waited, and I waited. And finally, after waiting for nine hours, they got a new shipment! So I bought it. And I loved it. When I first started playing it, all the brand new things like the PokeMart really astonished me. 

GAMEPLAY: What could possibly be better than a game of pinball while catching all those little critters we know and love that we call Pokemon? Oh, absolutely positively nothing at all, is that what you said? Okay then, I rest my case.
This is easily one of the hardest games you will ever play.
The PokeMart is the place where you can buy items with the coins you receive. I love going to the PokeMart. The PokeMart helps you a lot with the ball saver and catching Pokemon.

Just like in the original Pokemon Pinball, in Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire there are two different fields to play on. In Pokemon Pinball, the two fields were the Red Field and the Blue Field. In Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire the two fields are the Ruby Field and the Sapphire Field. You must use both fields to finish the game.
In Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire, there are three different ways to catch Pokemon: Catch ‘Em Mode, Evolution Mode, and introducing the new Hatch ‘Em Mode. 

STORY: Oh my goodness gracious, somehow this seems all too familiar.
The story line made the game just an itsy bitsy disappointing. This story line is simply a repeat of older story lines from older Pokemon games mixed up together.


GRAPHICS: These graphics cannot, I repeat cannot be matched by any other game for the Gameboy Advance, ever, no matter what happens, no matter what new Gameboy Advance game comes out in the future. I mean, I do not have any earthly idea how to even begin to describe how incredibly incredible this game looks. The animation is really well, kabam! Now you can choose if you want a slowly moving ball or a medium-speed ball. The opening of the game is the most cartoony I have ever seen. But once you start playing, kaboom! It is impossibly realistic. It is even more realistic than life itself. The graphic artists have really improved since Pokemon Red version and Pokemon Blue version first came out in 1998.

CONTROLS: The controls are very easy to work with sometimes, but at other times you get so mad that you just want to throw your Gameboy Advance or Gameboy Advance SP against the wall or stomp on it with big bad boots or cleats. I only bite mine when I am frustrated with it, though. (and that gets saliva on it) Default controls are left for the left flipper, A for the right flipper, L for tilting the game board to the left, R for tilting the game board to the right, and up on the D pad for tilting the game board upwards. You can change these anytime you want.

PLAY TIME: This game takes a LONG time to finish. It is so hard to catch ALL of the Pokemon on there. They all live somewhere different than all the other Pokemon. If you are a hardcore Pokemon fan (like me) however, it will not take as long.

REPLAYABLE: I am truly sorry. You cannot start over. This is just too bad. And even if you could, why would you want to? If you manage to catch every single last Pokemon on this game, you will have made an awesome accomplishment. Your friends will be amazed that you caught all of the little and large Pokemon alike on this Pokemon game.

BONUS STAGES: There are six fun filled bonus stages for you to play in Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire. The bonus stages are perhaps the easiest way to get major points. They are made up of extreme fun, too. They can also lead to much greater bonuses. Some of the bonus stages are only on the Ruby Field. Some of the bonus stages are only on the Sapphire Field. There are also three Pokemon you can only get from bonus stages.

FUN FACTOR: Must ... beat ... my ... high ... score.
Huh? What? Did you say something? Oh, right the review. Yeah, I will finish it later. Right now I have got to play my Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire.

CONS: You cannot start over on this game

PROS: Incredible graphics and animation
Awesome sound effects and music
Cool controls
Plenty of bonus stages
Nearly every Pokemon available

GET OR NOT: Even after all that stuff I said about how great this game is, I still think you should try renting the game first, just to see if it is the game for you. If you bought it first, and you do not like it, I suggest you should one of the following: A) Give it away. B) Sell it. C) Give it to your teething dog. D) Simply destroy it yourself. E) Set it on fire.
I really hope you do not do C), D), or E). Especially E. Wait a second... is that against the law?

OVERALL: Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire is a great game for both the old fans and new fans, or even for those just looking for some good entertainment.

NAME: POKEMON PINBALL - RUBY & SAPPHIRE
SYSTEM: Game Boy Advance

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment